Okta is looking for a highly talented, creative and passionate individual who can help develop deal strategy, conduct financial analysis in a consultative model, and deliver presentations identifying and articulating the value of the Okta platform to our top strategic customers.
This will be one of the first hires for this team in EMEA, and will work closely with our Sales, Services, Sales Engineering and Product Marketing teams on our most strategic and visionary customer accounts. Specifically, this role is passionate about helping build the business value proposition, including strategic account planning, business case justification, market opportunity, and C-Level presentations. You will develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases, and then track post-sales benefit realisation in support of Okta’s largest, most strategic Enterprise customers and opportunities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with prospective customers, Sales, and Solution Engineering to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers (metrics) and understand how our solutions will help customers meet their strategic objectives.
- Conduct and facilitate internal and external research and discovery around customer business processes, market trends, and mapping "as is" vs. "to-be" business processes across a wide range of companies and industries (e.g. financial services, high tech, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, professional services, etc.)
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by potential solution and then use these metrics to develop ROI / Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models to quantify the strategic value of the Okta platform
- Craft and deliver executive level presentations to CxOs
- Guide Sales Team on the scope and types of data/discovery needed to prove value hypothesis
- Support qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of targeted opportunities
- Process and analyze data collected by Sales Teams
- Build standard graphics and charts to reflect value impacts
- Document qualitative and non-quantified benefits and impacts
- Assist with developing value messaging associated with targeted opportunities
- Validate messaging is aligned with customer value themes
- Incorporate customer specific data points and findings
- Review for consistency and completeness of messaging
- Craft reusable assets to help scale the team's reach across the greater Okta organization
- Harvest “standard methodology” techniques demonstrated across regions
- Provide tactical support for targeted opportunities
- Manage library of Value Team assets include items such as spreadsheets, presentation templates, case examples, and customer stories
- BA/BS degree from a top university in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing, or related areas).
- Demonstrated relevant experience, ideally in Finance, Strategy Consulting, or other analytical roles in a professional services environment.
- Experience delivering presentations (internally- or externally-facing)
- Executive presence aptitude or experience
- A self-starter who takes initiative, is creative, has high energy, and would thrive in a start-up paced software company
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Experience in a sales environment would be a plus
- An interest in the technology/software/SaaS space
- Willingness for occasional travel (30%)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work