Okta’s Deal Strategy Team is responsible for driving large, complex, and non-standard commercial contracts to closure by providing Sales teams with business process & policy insights as well as strategic and operational support. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to Okta's business from many angles, from our go-to-market strategy and launch of new products to the standardization of policies and systems to scale operations. As a Deal Strategy Manager, you will be well-positioned as the “pulse” on the business and a strategic adviser to the Sales organization. You will play a central role in the structuring deals, driving decisions and approvals, and executing contracts with a focus on managing escalations, minimizing cycles, and optimizing annual recurring revenue.
This role is best suited for an experienced Deal Desk or Sales Operations professional who is knowledgeable about SaaS subscription models and is interested in deeply understanding business problems and collaborating with others to make doing business with and within Okta as seamless as possible.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the West Coast Sales leadership and Account Executives to develop pricing strategies, dynamic deal models, and contract terms sheets, as part of the proposal building process for strategic accounts.
- Owning and managing commercial contract negotiations in partnership with Sales, Contracts Managers, and Legal.
- Communicating directly with customers as needed to negotiate Okta’s positions and contract terms.
- Partnering with Accounting and Finance to review and address revenue recognition concerns for non-standard deal structures.
- Maintaining a holistic view of a deal during contract negotiations; driving internal stakeholder discussions and resolution on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiation.
- Advising Account Executives on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and value propositions to help close deals.
- Building reports and dashboards to give regional leadership visibility into their region’s deal and team performance and trends, while ensuring global reporting and analytics integrity; sharing deal intelligence to enable effective decision making.
- Partnering with the Field Enablement team to create training content for your region to ensure the field is informed on new products, best practices, quarterly updates on policy, and engagement models, etc.
- Developing tools that help the Sales team effectively price, structure, and quote deals while managing to certain business metrics and requirements.
- Taking the lead and initiative to drive operational procedures and processes in your region while maintaining global integrity and consistency to support Okta’s field team at scale.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of direct experience in structuring deals for Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies.
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS subscription models, pricing, and revenue recognition.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal in executing contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, vlookups, ability to create ad-hoc models and analysis, etc).
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ and other sales related systems including data enrichment tools.
- Able to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles.
- Highly responsive, thrive in a fast-pace environment.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.