Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 7,000+ applications. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Nasdaq, LinkedIn, and 20th Century Fox, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
Gartner recently recognized Okta as a Leader in the “Magic Quadrant for Access Management, August 2019” for the third year in a row. Additionally, Okta has been placed highest both “Ability to Execute” and “Completeness of Vision” making us the first vendor in the report’s history to do so.
About the Team:
Our rapidly growing customer base and product portfolio require us to build a thoughtful approach to account selling in the Federal market. As part of this approach, we are building a Federal Inside Sales team. Our Federal Inside Sales team is focused on customer upsells, landing net-new starter deals within subsidiaries and other business divisions of existing accounts, and forming partnerships with our Federal Account Directors to execute on their territory plan.
What You’ll Do:
Okta is looking for a stellar Enterprise seller with solid management experience to build and grow our newly formed Federal Inside Account Executive Team.
This might be the role for you if:
- You have a track record of crushing Enterprise quotas- but could use a little less travel
- You know how to sell to top accounts- but can also effectively coach young professionals
- You are a strategic executive- but can roll up sleeves to get things done
Our rapidly growing customer base and product portfolio require us to build a thoughtful approach to account selling in the Enterprise. As part of this approach, we are building a second team of closers (Inside Account Executives) to support our direct Enterprise Federal Sales teams. The Federal Inside Account Executives are focused on customer upsells, landing net new starter deals in Federal agencies/ business divisions, and tag-teaming with the direct AEs on the execution of their territory plan. The federal inside account executives are young professionals who are usually early in their closing career but extremely driven and eager to learn. These individuals are placed on a faster career track to Enterprise selling and are given the tools to gradually own additional scope.
In this executive role, you will hire, train and lead teams (and managers) of Federal Inside Account Executives (FED IAEs) nationally. You will closely collaborate with Regional Directors and VPs of Sales, as well as Customer Success and Renewals teams on the strategy and execution of the territory plan. Your team’s revenue may come from a number of sources: existing customers, partners, new business and more. Your team will be responsible for an aggressive pipeline and revenue quota and will gradually grow quarter over quarter.
*This is a unique leadership opportunity with a broad scope based out of the DC region
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executing on your team’s plan to meet or exceed revenue quota
- Helping your FED IAEs to develop their selling skills (discovery calls, deal execution, negotiations, etc) and improve behavioral skills needed for the role (effective communication, problem solving, time management)
- Developing and maintaining a set of metrics to track progress and success of the team
- Collaborating with Sales, Renewals Customer Success, Partner and Marketing leadership
- Building both an onboarding program for FED IAE as well as continuous training and enablement to help FED IAEs build on their existing skills to reach the next level
- Evolving the role to fit our growing organization and needs
- 4+ years experience in B2B Enterprise Sales, with a track record of quota over-attainment
- 1+ years management experience
- Federal experience is a plus
- Known for integrity, ability to build trust, and strong relationships across all levels
- Builder mentality, self starter, go-getter
- Superb communication skills: verbal, written, presentation
- Proven ability in mentorship or coaching
- Great presence, can-do attitude and leadership
- Ability to build a strong culture that is in line with our company values
- Experience in the security/SaaS industries a plus
- Proficient in sales tools and processes
- Experience selling to the Public Sector is preferred
- Willing to travel ~10%
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.