Sales Development Director, EMEA
Sales development at Okta is a specialized team focused on the top of the funnel, purposely built to drive repeatable and scalable pipeline.
We are looking for a stellar Director of Sales Development to join our global leadership team. The Sales Development Manager will be assigned a territory and will own pipeline targets for EMEA.
In this role you will be leading a growing team of quota-carrying Sales Development representatives (SDRs) and/or Business Development Representatives (BDRs). Each SDR/BDR is responsible for achieving monthly pipeline targets through daily prospecting, opportunity qualification, database work, and high activity standards (phone, email). You will be responsible for the development and business results of the team. The Sales Development leader will work to increase the productivity of the SDRs through motivation, inspiration, skill development, training, coaching, and adherence to activity standards. The Sales Development leader will also be responsible for hiring, onboarding, and building a highly empowered, effective sales culture. You will be working with a group of seasoned sales, marketing, sales operations, recruiting and enablement professionals to support you in your role.
The person we are looking for is highly motivated, results driven and creative with the ability to wear many hats, inspire and motivate. We are looking for people who can assess and hire top talent, coach young sales professionals to establish a strong work ethic and crush pipeline quota. You will need to build relationships and effectively communicate with senior sales executives as well as to collaborate with multiple teams within Okta.
Our ideal candidate would have outstanding business judgement, the ability to solve issues on their own, but also escalate issues as appropriate. You will need to be data driven with the ability to quickly draw business insights from data to make decisions. Some of your team members may be remote, so you would need to be comfortable managing people in that setting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve monthly sales development quotas
- Continually build and grow a robust sales pipeline
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline through inbound lead processing and outbound prospecting (cold calls, emails)
- Effectively hire and onboard new team members
- Inspire, coach and mentor young sales professionals on all aspects of the sales development role
- Build and maintain an effective set of dashboards and reports to manage your business
- Develop strong relationships with sales executives and other business stakeholders
- The highest degree of integrity, credibility and good judgement
- Previous demonstrated success building and managing effective sales teams (sales development, sales, business development, or inside sales)
- A highly motivated leader, with proven track record of success
- Demonstrated ability to compete and win
- Strategic thinker
- Strong execution and attention to detail
- Willing to “roll up your sleeves” and engage in prospecting with your team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Natural and effective relationship building and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, MBA a plus
- Some travel may be required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.