Position Description: Managing a team of high energy Sales Development professionals that drive the demand for our market-leading cloud solutions. We’re looking for an external candidate that is eager to demonstrate their ability to manage, coach, mentor, and motivate a team of sales driven individuals to consistently meet and exceed targets.
Our culture is built on our vision, people and values; to enable any company to adopt any technology anywhere. While working towards that vision, our people embody our values of customer success, innovation, transparency, and integrity. Together, we are boundless.
- Hire, onboard, and develop new Sales Development Representatives
- Set and define the Sales Development strategy
- Maintain a strong focus on outcomes and impact:
- Develop your team’s quarterly plan to meet/exceed pipeline targets
- Develop your team’s skills for researching, prospecting, qualifying, and Opportunity creation
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics with the aim to and make recommendations that will increase productivity
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality and SDR to AE hand-off
- Articulate the business value of Okta, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends
- Minimum 1+ years directly managing a team of SDR/BDR’s (startup/growth-stage experience highly preferred)
- Strong executive presence and the ability to maintain confidentiality and business ethics
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Expert in using Salesforce.com and other sales tools/products to drive productivity
- Proven ability to effectively hire and train new SDRs
- Effective presentation and listening skills
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments and ability to work through unknowns that can often develop with a sales and product roadmap that iterates and adapts quickly
- Experience selling to the Public Sector is preferred
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $150,000/year + equity + benefits)Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.