Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organisations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 13,050 organisations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
As the Japan Sales Development Manager you will be tasked with leading the Japan region from the front, managing, coaching, mentoring and motivating a team of talented Business and Sales Development Reps. The Sales Development org partners with both Marketing and Sales and our ability to successfully serve both these organisations is what drives the overall Okta business. Ensuring the critical work that marketing does to drive demand is picked up and executed through to the handover of opportunities to sales.
There are a number of key pillars which will make this role successful;
- Growing the team
- Personnel, your ability to find, hire and onboard talent
- Culture, as your team grows, how do you retain and evolve the culture
- Stakeholder Management - How well can you align with your key stakeholders and hold them accountable when they stray from that alignment
- Build best in class - Building the regionally specific tools, tactics and processes to make the Japan team successful
- Hire, onboard, and develop new Sales Development Representatives
- Implement and maintain outbound and inbound processes - examine, report and track results on a regular basis
- Maintain a strong focus on outcomes and impact
- Develop your team’s skills for prospecting, qualifying, and Opportunity creation
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics with the aim to increase productivity
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality and SDR to AE hand-off
- Articulate the business value of Okta, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends
- Minimum 2+ years directly managing a team of SDR/BDR’s (SaaS or Technology experience highly desired)
- Strong executive presence and the ability to maintain confidentiality and business ethics
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- Expert in using Salesforce.com and other sales tools/products to drive productivity
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.