Strategy & Operations is the brain and the spine of our go-to-market teams at Okta. As part of the Business Operations group, we protect the investment in Okta’s rapidly growing sales and GTM organization by ensuring everyone has the insight, tools, and processes it needs to run effectively and efficiently.
The Manager, Sales Operations (Anaplan) will build the foundation of reporting and systems. You’ll be close to the company’s most critical performance data, and develop a keen understanding of how Okta acquires revenue. You’ll be the driving vision of how sales operations builds the infrastructure needed to scale the team and grow our GTM teams.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse cast in our high-performing Ops organization (Go-to-market leaders, Business Systems, Data & Analytics).
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Build the right infrastructure
- Provide architectural expertise and establish best Anaplan best practices across the GTM strategy organization.
- Design and improve on how we report on performance, track metrics, and set key targets.
- Understand the end-to-end structure of running a GTM team (e.g. headcount & capacity planning, territory assignment, pipeline performance, and attainment reporting).
- Create the structure to run GTM operations and personnel processes (target changes, headcount planning, partnering with Finance and recruiting).
- Optimize the user experience and value of our models.
- Build and execute a vision of integrated planning.
Data and analytics
- Help automate and expand our go-to-market reporting. This includes (but is not limited to): weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, headcount and capacity tracking, pipeline reviews, territory management, and forecasting.
- Improve our data foundations to increase visibility and insight into critical business metrics.
- Define our data and metric dictionary.
- Enable Ops leadership on how to interpret and drive action against key metrics.
- Partner with our IT, Data and Finance teams to augment and align our shared data.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-6+ years of Anaplan model building experience or 2-4 years of Anaplan, Hyperion or other BI architecture experience.
- Business analysis and modeling experience for a sales org (fast growing enterprise SaaS preferred)
- Certified Anaplanner required (Master Anaplanner preferred).
- Working knowledge of end-to-end headcount planning process, territory management, and sales or business operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- Self-motivation, with the desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
Additional things we value:
- Experience with integrating enterprise tools.
- Experience with Tableau or other analysis/BI tools.
- Perspectives and backgrounds we don’t already have on board: we value new viewpoints and ideas.
You might fit one of these profiles, or might not:
- An Anaplan consultant looking to move client-side.
- A systems architect with strong background in Anaplan or other BI tool.
- A general analyst (finance, marketing, product) with strong experience in Anaplan.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.