As part of Okta’s Go-To-Market Strategy & Operations group, the Planning & Analytics team drives insight and scale within the field organization. We oversee the analytics that enable our leaders to make data-driven decisions, and lay the groundwork for an integrated financial and operational plan.
The Manager, Sales Planning & Analytics will be close to the company’s most critical performance data and develop a keen understanding of how Okta acquires revenue. In this role, you’ll transform complex datasets into structured analyses and turn insights into action by building tools and processes that help determine the trajectory of Okta’s rocket ship. You’ll partner with a diverse group of functional teams such as Field Operations, Customer First Operations, FP&A, and Data & Insights to ensure alignment with our go-to-market plan, data infrastructure, and strategic initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish standard reports and tools to analyze business performance, set operational targets, and drive planning processes with the Go-To-Market Operations and Finance teams.
- Work cross-functionally to build a narrative around key business metrics and trends for senior leadership in support of our go-to-market strategy and initiatives:
- Long range plan (i.e. Product unit growth, total addressable market penetration)
- Go-to-market structure (i.e. Sales segmentation, propensity to buy, coverage model)
- Develop a deep understanding of our annual planning cycle for pipeline, bookings, and renewals. Build bottom-up models that thread the needle across plans and present recommendations to GTM leadership through highlighting key growth levers and potential risks.
- Become an expert in how our data is captured, how it ties to underlying business processes, and how it impacts key metrics and reports. Help codify our metrics and data dictionary while also enabling GTM and cross-functional teams on standard reports.
- Identify operational gaps in our reporting capabilities and/or inefficiencies in the planning process. Work with the Data and Business Systems teams to build scalable solutions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-6+ years working in an operational and analytical capacity, with at least 3 years in Sales Operations or FP&A; B2B SaaS experience preferred.
- Deep experience modeling complex business problems, both conceptually and tactically (i.e. spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Excellent quantitative and MS Excel skills (i.e. sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Experience with Anaplan or other planning tools.
- Experience with Tableau or other analysis/BI tools.
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar database querying language (you’ve heard of a left join).
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, with the desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $117,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.