Okta’s Go-To-Market Strategy & Operations team plays a critical role by ensuring Okta’s Field Organization teams have the insight, tools, and processes to run effectively and efficiently. This specific role is part of our Sales Planning & Analytics team which is responsible for driving an integrated GTM plan (targets and headcount) and running the necessary analytics to drive critical business decisions
As a Manager of Sales Planning & Analytics, you’ll help plan Okta’s revenue, sales capacity and pipeline. You’ll work closely with GTM Operations and Field Leadership across sales, sales development, sales engineering and marketing to accelerate Okta’s growth and mitigate risk.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive centralized sales capacity and headcount planning for our global GTM teams.
- Work cross-functionally with peers in GTM Strategy & Operations to help them plan with their respective business leaders and incorporate their feedback into our centralized models.
- Drive alignment with with extended teams that are critical to execute the GTM Plan: Finance, Business Technology, Recruiting, Data & Insights.
- Drive integrated planning and alignment through process and technology:
- Ensure all core models are using a shared set of assumptions and targets - reduce “translation” time across the teams.
- Own agenda and cadence for planning meetings across diverse set of internal stakeholders.
- Document open decision points and drive for resolution to stick to our internal timelines.
- Coordinate with our business systems team to propagate changes in the sales org throughout our various tools: Salesforce, Workday, Clari, Anaplan, Data Warehouse.
- Help formulate and codify the next iteration of our sales analytics: productivity, ramp, tenure.
- Scenario modeling and sensitivity analysis for fiscal planning - quantify opportunity, costs and disruption.
- Facilitate territory modeling and segmentation analyses.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 4-6+ years working in an operational and analytical capacity, with at least 3 years in sales operations.
- Experience planning sales headcount, quotas, and territories at a SaaS company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels. You can build an exec ready storyboard/presentation and anticipate what questions will be asked.
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Familiarity with the tools that create and house our data:
- Salesforce: complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows.
- Tableau or other analysis / business intelligence tools.
- Anaplan or other business planning software.
- Healthy skepticism and curiosity - doesn’t take data at face value and strives for deeper understanding.
- The desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Self starter that seeks solutions without being told. Delivers high quality, accurate work on time.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.