Position Description: Okta’s Mid-Market Account Executives manage the sales processes for medium and large-sized customers. The right candidate for the position will enjoy closing new logos while simultaneously managing and expanding a book of install base customers. Our AE’s organize and conduct sales presentations, site visits and product demonstrations to prospects and represent Okta in a consistent, effective and professional manner to best develop and win new clients.
Account Executives at Okta strive to help prospects and customers modernize IT, build customer experiences, and prevent breaches by mapping our solutions to their needs. By understanding the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are faced with, you will help them achieve the desired positive business outcomes with our solutions. You will cultivate tight-knit relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the full sales-cycle, including contract generation and other deliverables for closing
- Establish relationships with a variety of existing accounts
- Close new logo customers
- Meet/exceed quarterly sales goals
- Understand prospects & customers business needs and effectively communicate how Okta can solve them
- Use Salesforce.com for lead management and sales forecasting
- Prioritize opportunities and coordinate with sales engineering, sales development, and other internal teams to ensure a great customer experience
- Territory visits to meet customers face to face
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan.
- 5+ years of sales and account management experience in a SaaS/Cloud B2B environment
- Must be located in Chicago, Indianapolis, Ohio, or Michigan
- Prior experience working from required
- A successful track record of success selling in-territory to mid & large businesses
- ISV or Channel experience strongly preferred
- IT/Security sales experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel 25%-30% if based in-territory; up to 60% if based out of territory
- Working experience with various sales training methodologies
- BS/BA degree required
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work