We believe Security Specialists at Okta are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle; and are experienced using presentations, email, phone, and social media to connect with customers. Our Security Specialists will focus on our Advanced Server Access (ASA) products (and future infrastructure offerings) serving as experts in helping our customers realize the full value of the Okta Platform.
We are looking for a great teammate that can partner with our sales, presales, and partner teams to drive product specific revenue for our infrastructure offerings. You will represent the product in a given region and help drive deals in all stages through closure.
Security Specialists empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed/clarifying questions and presenting the solutions that target those needs. They possess the rare combination of technical savviness + business insight and want a career where they can utilize both. As a Security Specialist at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s infrastructure products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta Advanced Server Access.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using Advanced Server Access.
- Bring the necessary resources together to execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases; collaborating with other Okta field engineering teams as needed.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- 5+ years experience in sales, channel sales, or sales engineering.
- A passion to serve the customer, with some experience in a consulting or support related capacity.
- Understanding of cloud computing (specifically IaaS) and some key deployment patterns across AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Understanding of SSH/RDP and how engineers access servers.
- Understanding the Privileged Access Management market, and how customers are using these products today.
- Great team player that knows how to work with internal teams to serve the customer as this is an OVERLAY position.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, and other sales productivity tools.
- Elite communicator, both written and verbal.
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.