Okta’s Deal Strategy and Operations team is a strategic partner to the field organization in enabling the execution of complex, high value deals. We partner closely with Product, Legal, Finance, and GTM leadership to enable the launch and integration of all subscription products and services. The team sits within the larger GTM Strategy & Operations organization and is key to driving and supporting Okta’s most critical growth initiatives.
We are seeking a Program Manager who will collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders across GTM, Product, and Business Technology to launch, enhance, and integrate products and ensure sales and GTM readiness. This individual contributor role is best-suited for an execution-focused operations professional who has either worked in Product/Product Operations and wants to transition into Business Operations or a deal strategist/sales operations professional who deeply understands the importance of end to end GTM alignment on product launches.
- Partner with stakeholders across GTM, Product, and Business Technology to execute pricing & packaging changes.
- Build a GTM business impact framework to holistically capture the effect of pricing and packaging changes on customers, the field teams, contracting vehicles, and key business metrics and operations.
- Programmatize GTM Readiness by developing a repeatable “readiness plan” which includes an enablement program, dashboards with product and deal KPIs, and critical resources for every launch.
- Develop a GTM feedback forum for Deal Strategists and GTM to share deal and product learnings with Product leadership.
- Act as a thought partner to GTM Ops and Product Leadership team as Okta optimizes product launch efforts; advise on the impacts of work being considered and risks associated before helping transform ideas into action.
- Ensure pricing and packaging processes meet the needs of sales organization; assess impacts to the sales processes and workflows for all new product launches.
- Align GTM stakeholder requirements and priorities when launching and updating SKUs, price points, licensing models, and packaging.
- Partner and align with fellow program managers leading Deal Analytics and Team Operations in support of the Deal Strategy team needs.
- Highlight operational gaps or hurdles that Product or Business Technology teams must address to ensure seamless GTM operations and field execution.
- Act as the GTM Ops representative for all Product and Pricing Councils and provide context to all GTM Ops leaders.
- Act as the business lead addressing NPI challenges and owning engagement between GTM and Product teams.
- Enable the Deal Strategy and broader GTM team on new offerings and impact to business processes.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress on projects.
- Participate in UAT efforts for all product launches and changes.
Skills & Experience You May Have:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication, influencing, and negotiation skills especially with leadership.
- Experience in scaling operations and expertise in program management or project management.
- Able to anticipate trends or hurdles and offer future-proofed solutions to mitigate risk.
- Exemplify courage and candor in presenting ideas, challenging status-quo, and advocating for what’s best for customers.
- You have expertise or experience in using and optimizing Salesforce and CPQ tools.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-7 years of experience with launching SaaS products or structuring SaaS subscription deals for Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies.
- 3-5 years of project management experience, designing and leading initiatives specific to business/sales/customer first operations or leading a deal desk team.
- Highly-skilled at partnering cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal in executing contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, vlookups, ability to do ad-hoc models and analysis, etc).
- Data-driven and numerically strong; strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities; able to get creative and figure things out.
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ, and other sales related systems including data enrichment tools.
- Possess a “do whatever it takes” attitude to affect change within the organization; comfortable sharing new ideas, building new things, and challenging the status quo.
- Able to balance being detail-oriented with seeing the big picture.
- Highly responsive, thrives in a fast-paced environment.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $117,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.