Okta is an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in different countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our SaaS product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great. And guess what? You could join us because…
The Japan Alliance team is growing!
Okta is looking for a Regional Alliances Manager with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to partner with Okta’s Regional Solution Providers, Distributors, GSI’s and Channel Partners with the aim of extending and enhancing Okta’s channel eco-system in Japan.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in cyber-security Channel and Partner management along with an understanding of all the elements that are required to enable partners to be successful with the Okta solution.
A Regional Alliances Manager at Okta will need to think strategically and analytically about business, product and technical challenges, with the ability to create compelling value propositions and work cross-organisationally to build consensus to drive revenue. We are looking for someone who is creative, proactive and looking to expand and advance their Regional Alliances knowledge. We want you to grow as Okta grows!
As an Okta Regional Alliances Manager you will:
- Drive revenue generation within the Regional Alliances partner ecosystem in Japan;
- Provide world-class program management and thought leadership across an assigned partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities;
- Collaborate with Okta’s Executive, Business Development, Marketing and Sales teams to identify key partners, build a strategic plan for initiating conversations and sell the value of a mutually beneficial working relationship to those partners;
- Define tailored value propositions and create detailed go-to-market plans that strengthen our value proposition to the marketplace while providing new revenue opportunities;
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelize partners and the opportunities they present by injecting partner DNA into Okta field sales;
- Represent both the voice of the Regional Alliance Partners to Okta and the voice of Okta to Partners as required to resolve issues and attain revenue;
- Build relationships with partner sales teams to keep Okta “front and centre” for appropriate opportunities.
- Build strong working relationship with all sales teams, Enterprise, Commercial and emerging, service, marketing and enablement teams.
- Drive partner sourced deals with defined partners in order to achieve quota.
- Manage and report pipeline on regular basis.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Proven experience of business development or alliances at a SaaS startup, successfully implementing channel/field alliances strategy to drive increased sales;
- A track record of exceeding channel sales revenue targets;
- A business leader who is able to influence and build strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner and prospect organizations;
- Current knowledge of the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Access Management ecosystem;
- Experience with Cloud Software Vendors and their strategies/business models;
- Experience working remotely from a home office environment;
- Willingness to work from our Tokyo office as required;
- Fluency in Japanese and English (essential);
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.