Position Description: Okta is looking for a Regional Alliance Manager with strong Public Sector Channel experience with a bias towards State and Local Government, Higher Ed and K-12, a plus. This candidate should have strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to grow and accelerate our partner GTM strategy in SLED.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong sales and channel marketing background that enables them to engage with our SLED LARs (Large Area Resellers), National Partners as well as Regional SLED VAR’s and Public Sector sales organizations at the VP/SVP level.
Candidates should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their SLED/Public Sector Alliances responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seasoned revenue generation track record driving sales in both direct and Alliances roles selling into the SLED space
- Public sector Alliances success with a rolodex of LAR and Regional SLED partners and their key executives and sales leaders
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation at the field level with direct sales and LAR SLED Community go-to-market partner organizations
- Proven history of exceeding channels sales or direct sales quotas
- Ability to forecast channel revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills
- Strong analytical skills to determine which programs work and insight to build on that experience
- Passionate Alliances champion who can provide world-class relationship development and thought leadership across an assigned SLED/Public Sector partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Work with Okta’s Executive, Regional Alliances, Marketing and Sales teams to identify key SLED/Public Sector partners, build a strategic plan for initiating conversations and selling the value of a mutually beneficial working relationship to those partners, and drive the structure of partnerships
- With our LAR SLED and Public Sector partners, define tailored value propositions and create detailed go-to-market plans that strengthen our value proposition to the marketplace while providing new revenue opportunities with our ISV partners
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelize partners and the opportunities they present by injecting partner DNA into Okta
- Work with Okta sales teams to embed Okta SLED partners in the strategic account process
- Work with partner sales teams to keep Okta “front and center” for appropriate opportunities
- Represent both the voice of the Channel Partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the Partner are required to resolve issues and attain revenue
- Strong motor, execution and intrinsically driven
- Deep SLED / Public sector relationships and proven revenue generation through CDWG, SHI, Softchoice and other leading N.A. LARs
- Highly experienced working with various SLED contracts and contracting vehicles
- Experienced in the world of RFI’s, RFP’s, Coordinating Multi Bid Responses
- 7-10 years of high-tech business development or alliances at a SaaS start up, successfully implementing channel/field alliances strategy to drive dramatically increased sales
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Natural and highly effective relationship / partner development skills
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- A business leader who is able to drive influence and build strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner and prospect organizations
- Up to date on the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Management ecosystem
- Experience with Cloud Software Vendors and their strategies/business models
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment
- Comfortable with weekly travel to partners as necessary
- BA/BS degree, MBA or Masters degree from a top university a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.