Okta is an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in different countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our SaaS product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great. And guess what? You could join us because…
The Japan Alliance team is growing!
Okta is looking for a Regional Alliances Manager with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to partner with Okta’s Regional Solution Providers, Distributors, GSI’s and Channel Partners with the aim of extending and enhancing Okta’s channel eco-system in Japan.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in cyber-security Channel and Partner management along with an understanding of all the elements that are required to enable partners to be successful with the Okta solution.
A Regional Alliances Manager at Okta will need to think strategically and analytically about business, product and technical challenges, with the ability to create compelling value propositions and work cross-organisationally to build consensus to drive revenue. We are looking for someone who is creative, proactive and looking to expand and advance their Regional Alliances knowledge. We want you to grow as Okta grows!
As an Okta Regional Alliances Manager you will:
- Drive revenue generation within the Regional Alliances partner ecosystem in Japan;
- Provide world-class program management and thought leadership across an assigned partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities;
- Collaborate with Okta’s Executive, Business Development, Marketing and Sales teams to identify key partners, build a strategic plan for initiating conversations and sell the value of a mutually beneficial working relationship to those partners;
- Define tailored value propositions and create detailed go-to-market plans that strengthen our value proposition to the marketplace while providing new revenue opportunities;
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelize partners and the opportunities they present by injecting partner DNA into Okta field sales;
- Represent both the voice of the Regional Alliance Partners to Okta and the voice of Okta to Partners as required to resolve issues and attain revenue;
- Build relationships with partner sales teams to keep Okta “front and centre” for appropriate opportunities.
- Build strong working relationship with all sales teams, Enterprise, Commercial and emerging, service, marketing and enablement teams.
- Drive partner sourced deals with defined partners in order to achieve quota.
- Manage and report pipeline on regular basis.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Proven experience of business development or alliances at a SaaS startup, successfully implementing channel/field alliances strategy to drive increased sales;
- A track record of exceeding channel sales revenue targets;
- A business leader who is able to influence and build strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner and prospect organizations;
- Current knowledge of the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Access Management ecosystem;
- Experience with Cloud Software Vendors and their strategies/business models;
- Experience working remotely from a home office environment;
- Willingness to work from our Tokyo office as required;
- Fluency in Japanese and English (essential);
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.