Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is looking for a Partner Account Manager for our Scale Partner Route-to-Market, with strong prospecting, business, and relationship development experience, to accelerate our Partner and Alliance ecosystem. This role will be aligned to one of Okta’s largest partners, with national coverage for their public sector business. The objective is to build and strengthen Okta’s presence and drive demand, helping deliver accelerated revenue growth.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, who possesses a strong sales and alliances background, enabling them to engage with partner sales organizations from salesperson to SVP level. In this role the candidate would interact with a wide variety of the partner’s teams and individuals, as well as Okta’s sales organization. The candidate will be laser focused on executing the overarching business development plans for this partner, as well as building strategic plans for their assigned regional coverage. Pipeline and revenue generation will be primary metrics of success.
The candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for candidates that are creative, hungry, and looking to expand and advance their alliance sales careers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Okta Sales team to define plans and executable plays in assigned territory
- Develop and maintain strong and influential relationships with partner’s sales team
- Engage and connect focused ISV partners in-region and ensure enablement of value proposition, integration and leverage to drive joint pipeline.
- Assist Sales and Partners in quoting and closing high volume of transactions via channel.
- Build strong working relationships with Okta Sales, Service, Marketing and Enablement Teams.
- Manage and report demand generation, enablement, and pipeline on a regular basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years working in sales, Channels or BDR capacity.
- Understanding of Channel Sales.
- Understanding of public sector contracts and sales processes
- Understanding of Technology Alliance Partner ecosystems with ability to articulate the value Technology Alliances represent.
- Track record of having and achieving quotas.