Regional Sales Director Iberia/Italy/Greece
Due to our expansive growth, we are seeking an exceptional, growth-minded sales leader to join our team as Territory Leader of Sales. This position reports to the VP EMEA South.
The Territory Leader of Sales will define market tactics to meet annual business goals. They will lead and grow cross-functional team of experienced sales leaders and account executives in growing a productive and sustainable sales pipeline across the complex territory.
This person will help transform and integrate all GTM functions, evolving an already world-class field operation, while achieving significant revenue growth annually. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing sales organizations.
This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Okta.
The Territory Leader of Sales must have the ability to develop and implement an effective go-to-market plan aligned with Okta’s overall strategy, act as the Okta spokesperson in the region and be the executive sponsor for key customer and partner relationships. The successful candidate is an inspiring leader of people who can recruit and retain exceptional sales talent, support the team in delivering on the agreed metrics, and while leading from the front, work alongside the team to exceed the targets for the region.
This is a unique career opportunity for an entrepreneurial and driven sales leader to spearhead the expansion of a global market leader leveraging the existing local customer references, partner base, and alliance relationships.
What We Are Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading, and developing high performing teams
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers and inside of Okta
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Fluency in both Spanish and Italian languages
As Territory Leader of Sales you will:
- Attract, recruit, hire, and mentor the regional sales team
- Manage a team of front-line leaders and partner closely with other functional teams (SEs, PS, Channel/Alliances team, Legal, Deal Desk etc.)
- Create an open, inclusive team oriented environment, building a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency
- Lead by example, set expectations, follow through effectively and provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team
- Be accountable for consistently delivering and overachieving against targets – ensuring Okta’s goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably
- Analyze data and dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for assigned regions; establish and manage data and supporting metrics (pipeline coverage, ASP, etc.)
- Effectively develop, design, build, and execute all aspects of the Strategic business plan to predictably and consistently generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective of overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key opportunities in target markets, commercial accounts/prospects, partners or industry verticals throughout the Region.
- Unearth customer insights, define the value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Own the pipeline generation strategy and with internal stakeholders to execute against the strategy.
- Maintain market intelligence and develop strategies to maintain Okta’s leadership position.
- Exhibit a growth mindset with the ability to outline the long term vision and strategy.
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the team leverages and deploys resources efficiently and for the highest impact. Collaborating with sales engineering, channels/alliances, customer success, renewals professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Ensure the best utilization of supporting resources jointly with the Sales management team
- Develop and maintain relevant senior level contacts within the Okta partner ecosystem (ISVs, resellers, and GSIs).
You will be a great fit for us if you have:
- Demonstrated experience building and running commercial sales teams in the software industry
- Experience as a second line sales leader
- Must have previously led a $10M+ (minimum) ARR sales organization with 40%+ growth
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, cloud enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization
- Skills in business planning and diligence at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions
- A highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations
- Mastery of consultative/solution selling methodologies like MEDDPICC, Challenger, Solution Selling, and Sandler
- Technical aptitude and are experienced selling into CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, CTOs and Lines of Business
- Strong Operational skills and are experienced in integrating process and rigor to his/her organization
- An innovative skillset with the courage to nourish “outside the box” thinking to surface and pursue new ideas
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.