Do you have the business savvy and the technical sales background necessary to help establish Okta as a key technology platform provider? The Regional Sales Manager will manage the sales process within assigned territories of business for prospective accounts and regional consultant influencers, working directly with Okta’s partners in the region. You will continually ensure assigned territory growth and profitability by developing solid business relationships with new clients for Okta. You will develop and execute strategies and sales tactics in the following areas: territory planning, pre-request for proposal prospecting, relationship development, pricing, presentation and delivery (finalist or other), negotiations, closing and managing contracts, partner enablement. Please note for this role, responsibilities and territories will be outside of Singapore.
You will identify leads that fit within ideal client profiles for the purpose of marketing the company’s products and services as well as qualify identified leads to determine best products and services that will meet potential client’s needs. The Regional Sales Manager will initiate contact and follow-up on sales meetings and teleconferences including with Okta partners, meet sales objectives and targets at profitable rates, move prospects into implementation, and meet established sales goals and quota schedule per plan year’s objectives. You will work with sales support to initiate customised proposals and communication for prospective clients and develop familiarity with potential clients to best meet their needs and to field inquiries.
With a strong background in Identity, Cloud, Security and / or SaaS, you will generate new business opportunities through partners to fuel the sales pipeline. This involves organising and conducting sales presentations, site visits and product demonstrations to prospective clients and representing Okta in a consistent, effective and professional manner to best develop new clients. You will need to foster ongoing mutually beneficial relationships with Consultants and maintain a solid knowledge of Okta’s technology. It is important that you exercise leadership, demonstrate results-oriented sales planning, and work in a positive and motivating way with internal counterparts and external clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets both direct and via channel partners.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive regional territory plan.
- Accelerate customer adoption.
- Prospect, Build and Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption, whilst providing a level of sales enablement.
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- A track record of developing a greenfield territory, adding net new logos and working with partner including distributor, reseller and ISV’s.
- Extensive customer and / or partner network in SEA as well as India.
- A track record of selling Cloud solutions and / or Security, and / or Identity.
- An understanding of the SEA & Indian market place, sales cycles and culture.
- 5+ years of quota exceeding sales experience for a technology vendor selling Enterprise solutions.
- A track record of success selling to Enterprise accounts.
- Hunter mentality with solid Sales DNA.
- A real self-starter who can work autonomously.
- Ability and willingness to travel approx. 50%.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.