Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Our Enterprise AE's at Okta lead the sales process within an assigned territory of business (Public Sector) for net new logos into prospective accounts, existing customers and regional consultant influencers.
With an incredible eco-system behind you, you will continually ensure assigned territory growth with net new logos and profitability by developing solid business relationships with new and existing clients for Okta. You will plan and execute strategies and sales tactics in the following areas: generating new business, territory planning, pre-request for proposal prospecting, relationship development, pricing, presentation and delivery (finalist or other), negotiations, closing and executing contracts.
You will be able to identify net new leads that fit within ideal client profiles to market Okta’s products and services that will meet potential client’s needs. You will initiate contact and follow-up on sales meetings and teleconferences, meet sales objectives and targets at profitable rates, move prospects into implementation, and meet established sales goals and quota schedule per plan year’s objectives. You will work with sales support to initiate customised proposals and communication for prospective clients and develop familiarity with potential clients to best meet their needs and to field inquiries.
We provide our AEs with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for learning and growth. The work you will do will directly impact the experience of our customers. As an Okta AE you will:
- Establish a vision and plan to guide your long-term approach to net new logo pipeline generation within the Public Sector segment in QLD.
- Consistently deliver ARR revenue targets to support 40%+ YOY growth – dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics to generate pipeline, drive sales opportunities and deliver repeatable and predictable bookings.
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities with Public Sector accounts in your Region.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
- Become known as a thought-leader in Okta’s platform.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across more diverse business stake-holders.
- Embrace to Okta’s #1 core value to always love our customers.
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel/alliances to identify and open new, uncharted opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions.
- Position Okta at both the functional and “business value” level with target stakeholders.
- Champion Okta to prospective clients at sales presentations, site visits and product demonstrations
- Build effective working partnerships with your Okta colleagues (channel partners, solutions engineering, business value management, customer first and many more globally) with humility and enthusiasm.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of a consistent track record of employment with direct field sales experience developing net new logos selling enterprise cloud software to enterprise / Public Sector companies.
- Previous experience utilising partners, channels, and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- Sold a similar complex solution software and have experience in any of the following: enterprise cloud software or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications, and/or analytics.
- A measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets.
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in high growth, fast-growing, and changing environments and can adapt quickly.
- Experience in successfully selling during market creation phase.
- Proven track record of successfully closing six figure software cloud deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.