Due to our expansive growth we are hiring for an exceptional, growth minded sales leader to join our team as the UK & Ireland Regional Vice President.
This person will oversee Okta’s activities in the UKI region and will be leading the Sales teams covering all segments across Emerging (SMB), Commercial, Enterprise & Public sector and will oversee ongoing development and business results for the sales teams. The RVP will initially have 5 Regional Sales Directors as direct reports, a number that will increase as we continue to scale Okta’s footprint in the region.
The RVP must have the ability to develop and implement an effective go-to-market plan aligned with Okta’s overall strategy, act as the Okta spokesperson in the region and be the executive sponsor for key customer and partner relationships. The successful candidate is an inspiring leader of people who can recruit and retain exceptional sales talent, support the team in delivering on the agreed metrics, and while leading from the front, work alongside the team to exceed the targets for the region.
This is a unique career opportunity for an entrepreneurial and driven sales leader to spearhead the expansion of a global market leader leveraging the existing local customer references, partner base, and alliance relationships. The role reports to the General Manager, EMEA.
As the UKI Regional Vice President you will:
- Able to attract, recruit, hires and mentor the UK sales leadership team
- Be open, inclusive, and foster a successful, collaborative, positive team environment
- Fully accountable for delivering on agreed targets for across all segments
- Proposes, drives, and executes the multi-year business plan for UKI according to Okta’s strategy to overachieve sales goals
- Analyze dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Lead by example, set expectations, follow through effectively and provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Define territories and align resources around key market segments and opportunities, be it named accounts/prospects, partners, or industry verticals
- Own the pipeline generation initiative for the region and work with the internal stakeholders to deliver the pipeline needed to meet bookings targets
- Act as the senior level Okta contact for Public Relations and executives of key customers in the territory
- Be active in helping close large opportunities
- Ensure the best utilization of supporting resources jointly with the Sales management team (SEs, PS, Channel team, Legal, Desk Desk etc.)
- Develop and maintain relevant senior level contacts within the Okta partner eco-system (ISVs, resellers, and GSIs)
- Accountable for the UKI forecast; establish and manage supporting metrics (pipeline coverage, ASP, etc.)
- Partner with your RVP colleagues across the EMEA region to support each other and leverage best practices
In short: Take a hands-on role with a wide range of strategic and operational duties ranging from people management to deal negotiation to speaking at events and everything in between!
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Demonstrated success in leading high-performing sales teams within a Software-as-a-Service / enterprise software sales environment
- Must have previously led a $50m (minimum) ARR sales organization with 40%+ growth rates
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- A history of hiring, developing, and retaining exceptional talent
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Master of consultative solution selling methodologies like MEDDPICC, Challenger, Solution Selling, and Sandler
- Experience in leading diverse sales teams to deliver on their targets
- Successful track record in an Enterprise sales environment and experience with higher transaction volume, mid-market sales would also be highly valuable
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results across multiple sales teams
- Passionate about Customer Success – drive to turn new customers into long-time, vocal references
- Collaboration and good communication skills
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.