For the high-energy lead generation professional, the Sales Development Representative is a great opportunity to help drive demand for our market-leading cloud adoption and management solution. We're looking for professionals with strong organizational and follow up skills who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a college degree will improve your candidacy for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Efficiently respond and qualify inbound marketing leads
- Help build and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e.: adding contacts, emails, strategic calling)
- Conduct high-level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
- Evangelize Okta and the On-Demand mode
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed busines
Required skills and knowledge
- You should have previous prospecting experience
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- You will have strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.