Okta is looking for Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to research accounts and contact prospects using phone and email outreach to set meetings that generate pipeline for our sales organization. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated, curious, and motivated. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills. A strong candidate is flexible with change, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and eager to advance their career in sales.
SDRs are assigned a territory of accounts and are responsible for planning, researching, and strategizing how to set meetings within these accounts. The SDR will find the right people to connect with, make calls and send emails to gauge a fit, determine how Okta can help, then set up a meeting with their assigned Account Executive.
- Utilize sales engagement tools to research contacts and accounts to strategize with Marketing and Account Executives on prospecting plans.
- Conduct discovery conversations with IT Executives in targeted accounts.
- Generate qualified meetings and opportunities for aligned Account Executives by following up on warm (inbound) leads and researched prospects.
- Utilize active listening skills to uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Okta can solve them.
- Work cross functionally to increase conversion rates and generate quality pipeline
- Consistently achieve quota by hitting call, email, meeting, and pipeline targets.
- Use and maintain Salesforce.com to keep data accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6-12 months of previous business experience
- Previous experience with sales and prospecting tools a plus: Salesforce, Outreach, Linkedin Sales Navigator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to navigate different systems and tools and follow process
- Highly motivated and driven individual who thrives working toward monthly and quarterly quotas
- A desire to grow and advance a career in sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, please apply!
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 13,000 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.