Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s Sales Development Representatives are high energy professionals that drive the
demand, awareness, and interest for our market-leading cloud Security solutions. You will
partner and collaborate closely with members of our Account Executive and Marketing teams to
generate qualified sales leads, set meetings, and yield new deal opportunities. We're looking for
professionals with strong organizational and follow up skills who work well in a team
environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a degree would be a
big plus for this role.
We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in
countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges.
And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at
the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want
every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to
express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The role in summary:
● Uncover and approach prospects to generate new business opportunities to fuel the
● Help create and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory
● Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e.: adding contacts, emails, strategic
● Conduct high-level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
● Evangelize Okta and the On-Demand mode
● Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
Skills needed to be successful:
● Previous prospecting experience
● Experience in working to sales targets, KPIs or under time pressure would be a plus
● Salesforce.com experience
● Excellent written/verbal communication skills
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual who is goal orientated
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
● Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
● Excellent time management/organizational skills
● A passion for the Tech/ Saas industry
● Fluency in German language & English
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.