Okta is an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in different countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our SaaS product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great. And guess what? You could join us because…
The Benelux sales team is growing!
Okta’s Benelux sales organisation are a team of high-performing, entrepreneurial and driven sales professionals and they are playing a key role in the global expansion of Okta as we establish ourselves as a market leader in the Benelux countries, leveraging Okta’s existing customer references, marketing programs, partner base and ISV & alliance relationships. After overachieving against their regional goals last year the team continues to expand and we are looking for an experienced Enterprise Sales Director in Amsterdam to help guide and mentor the Dutch team to further successes in 2021 and beyond!
We are looking for a strong sales leader to report into the Regional VP for Benelux & Nordics, to focus on managing and further building a high-performing sales team in the Netherlands. This Leader will focus on coaching and developing the team to continue to succeed through skill development, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, and building a highly empowered, diverse, constructive sales culture.
The Enterprise team is focused on 2,000+ employee user base accounts.
As an Okta Sales Director you will:
- Lead our team of Account Executives in the Netherlands to achieve individual and team quotas;
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other resources as required;
- Embrace to Okta’s #1 core value to always love our customers;
- Mentor and develop our sales team which is to include hiring and mentoring new Account Executives;
- Report on sales activity and provide forecasts to senior management;
- Coordinate and lead weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement;
- Quote, negotiate, and assist Account Executives in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects;
- Build effective working partnerships with your Okta colleagues (channel partners, sales engineering, business value management, customer first + many more globally!) with humility and enthusiasm.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
In addition, you should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven success in directly leading a high-performing sales team within a software sales environment;
- Previous experience of setting KPI’s, performance reviews and individual development plans;
- A track record of individual success selling a Software-as-a-Service and/or Cloud Computing services to the largest and most complex organizations in the Netherlands;
- A reputation as a trusted business partner for your peers in the local reseller and system integrator community;
- Understanding of and experience with Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on and API-based solutions
- Fluency in Dutch & English (both languages essential).
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.