The Sales Effectiveness Manager - Japan is the primary enablement partner for Okta’s rapidly expanding Sales organization in Japan. We are looking for a high energy individual with a passion for developing sales teams and experience in cloud computing solution sales.
This highly visible position will be a part of the APAC Sales Enablement team, directly engaging with our Japanese sales leadership team to identify and address critical enablement needs their teams have. Additionally, this role will work very closely with direct sellers, enabling both new hires and tenured sellers to level up their business acumen and selling skills.
Additionally, our Sales Effectiveness Manager will take an active role in the development and delivery of a range of enablement programs including onboarding, continuous learning and reinforcement, annual sales kickoffs and other events.
- Partner with and support sales leadership in driving measurable, improved sales performance within their teams by determining training needs and executing on them
- Work cross-functionally to build and execute a training curriculum for account executives across different market segments and levels of seniority
- Facilitate and deliver training to prepare sellers, so that they have command of the industry, products, sales process and sales techniques
- Support APAC-wide enablement programs and initiatives including delivery and execution in your region
- Partner with the Global Sales Enablement team to provide feedback on additional enablement needs, and act as the SME for your region
- Leveraging the materials provided by the global team, prepare and deliver live training sessions, courses, assignments, assessments, etc.
- 2+ years of sales enablement, training and curriculum development required (software/technology preferred)
- 2+ years of direct sales or solution consulting experience required (software/technology preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Experience in leading training sessions in-person, as well as delivering them virtually
- Proven experience in implementing sales methodologies in global settings
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a dynamic, team environment
- Background in MEDDIC preferred
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Travel up to 10% (post-covid restrictions)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.