We are recruiting for Sales Engineers to join our new team in Germany.
This is a unique career opportunity for an entrepreneurial and driven professionals to play a key role in the launch and expansion of a global market leader in the DACH territory, leveraging Okta’s existing German customer references, marketing programs, partner base and ISV & alliance relationships.
You can hear more about our DACH expansion from our General Manager here: https://bit.ly/2GZwJDo
We believe Sales Engineers at Okta are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. We believe in Okta’s Sales Engineers empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
As an Okta Sales Engineer you will:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
You could be great for this role if::
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an elite communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
- Fluent in German & English
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.