Okta is the Identity Standard and the Okta Identity Cloud is an independent and neutral platform, that securely connects the right people to the right technologies at the right time. Our vision is to enable any organization to use any technology.
We believe Sales Engineers at Okta are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. We believe in Okta’s Sales Engineers to empathise with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilise both. As a Sales Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an elite communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel
- Fluency in another European language would be an advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely across Greater London, Thames Valley, London, in fact the the United Kingdom, with travel in to London on a weekly ad-hoc basis.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.