We’re looking for someone who can confidently and credibly help lead the organisation through a period of massive growth across the Asia Pacific market, including Japan. Like all management positions at Okta, the APAC Sales Engineering Leader is expected to be hands on and leading from the front. The individual will contribute to recruiting, support and go-to-market strategy for the business across Asia Pacific including our Indirect/Partner segment. Leadership, Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Product teams, customers and partners are key stakeholders.
Act as a leader within the Sales / SE team and across the larger Okta organisation, constantly looking for ways to expand on our success. Build teams that can execute today and grow to meet our future needs in our high growth environment. Define and maintain a high bar for expectations and support the team in achieving it. Challenge the team and yourself to continually grow. Drive your team’s needs with the Product teams in headquarters and use your internal network and the Presales leadership team to leverage best practices from around the world.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to lead a high performing team
- Manages the hiring, staffing and development of a diverse and effective workforce
- Define a technical strategy to support the Company Objectives and APAC Growth
- Define compensation plan based on goals
- Develop and execute on a hiring and retention strategy and analyze turnover
- Define Headcount plan to support the Company Objectives
- Build a talent pipeline of potential candidates
- Works with Operations and Finance to define quarterly budget
Resource Planning and Allocation
- Define Okta SE roles and responsibilities and mappings, aligning with with the rest of the GTM team and partners
- Collaborate with regional Sales Leadership to prioritize and target team opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends. Align resources to deliver on commitments and drive results
- Focus on building capacity to achieve high team performance based on customer and partner resource needs. Align resources to deliver on commitments and drive results.
- Define a development path for each team in collaboration with other leaders. This will include both internal and external training, and certification
- Implement Skills Assessment
- Develops and executes Okta’s SE strategies and identifies opportunities for process improvements
- Continuously drive innovation to promote thought leadership and team excellence
- Participate in, and contribute to regular sales forecast and pipeline reviews
- Lead team to technical account and partner strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals. Assign and/or request for appropriate resources
- Assist in determining and requesting for domain / solution-focused resources (e.g. Solution Architects, Product Management) when necessary.
- Drive qualified technical and partner enablement
- Drive tracking and reporting team metrics in SFDC
- This includes establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, developing performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
Knowledge and skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Expert project management and negotiation skills
- Expert knowledge of the Okta product line
- Ability to navigate and influence in matrix organization
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Ability to converse with technical and business personnel fluently at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technologies
- Ability to partner effectively with Sales Executives to identify new sales strategies and market opportunities
- Ability to adapt to and operate in different business cultures across the Asia Pacific region including Japan
- BS or BA degree required
- 10+ years experience supporting technical sales of enterprise IT solutions to corporate accounts or equivalent industry experience
- Experience managing teams across Asia Pacific region
- Must be willing and able to act independently, including working at home and alone on client sites
- Must be a self-starter, with both the ability to work independently or in a team
- A strong technical background in Information Technology Security is desirable.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Understands SaaS business models and preferably has working experience on Saas platforms;
- Understands VARs, Sis, GSIs, VADs business models
- Knowledge of at least some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP, APIs, IaaS, Development Frameworks.
- Knowledge around the Okta platform and competitor product offerings would be an advantage.
- You are an elite communicator
- Typically 20-30% travel, with peaks of 40%
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.