As an Emerging Markets Sales Manager at Okta, you will lead a team of small business Account Executives (AEs). Our AE’s focus on closing new logo opportunities and cultivate relationships and drive growth within our existing customer base. You will join a team of highly motivated, professional, and energetic sales reps that take pride in running consultative sales processes and delivering our vision to a wide base of accounts across various industries.
We’re incredibly proud of the growth we’ve achieved, and we’re most excited about the growth ahead. We believe we have the opportunity to serve the identity needs of organizations of all sizes, industries, and regions.
- Empower Our People- We are a diverse, passionate community of people who deeply care about our products, brand, and culture. Our community fosters an environment of positive energy, collaboration, and sustainable growth
- Love Our Customers- Our customers are our number one priority, and we know if they’re successful, we are too.
- Be Transparent- We know that maintaining an open flow of information across teams, among individuals, up and down and around the company, is crucial to how we work.
- Never Stop Innovating - We are a company of builders, and we are driven to confront the hard problems and solve them.
- Act With Integrity - We always treat each other, our customers, our partners, and our extended community with honesty, decency, and respect.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of an Account Executive team, 6-10 individual contributors
- Conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical deal guidance, on the job training, strategic deal coaching, motivation and career development
- Ensure quarterly revenue targets and monthly goals are achieved
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date Salesforce data for your team and provide reliable forecast information to upper management
- Actively engage in territory planning and opportunity development
- Partner with Recruiting, Sales Operations, and Finance to hire and grow your team
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals
- Coordinate and manage weekly and monthly team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings, and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
- Work closely with extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, renewals business partners
- 5+ years of sales experience in a b2b SaaS environment
- 2+ years of direct management experience in a b2b SaaS environment
- Proven record of sales success in a similar enterprise software application environment
- Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Previous experience hiring and training a team of performing Account Executives
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Location: Washington DC is the preference but we are also open to Remote Candidates in the East Region
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.