Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Sales Operations Team
Sales Operations strives to be the brain and the spine of the Sales team at Okta. As part of the Business Operations group, we protect the investment in Okta’s rapidly growing Sales organization by ensuring Sales has the insight, tools, and processes it needs to run effectively and efficiently.
The Sales Operations Manager Opportunity
You’ll partner closely with sales managers to put structures in place that help the organization grow headcount and revenue. You’ll collaborate with other Bizops colleagues to design and implement your solutions, including Business Systems, Data & Analytics, and Sales Enablement.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Sales and Functional leaders. Provide recommendations on operational improvements and ways to drive effectiveness and efficiency across teams.
- Drive rigorous planning and execution at all levels of the organization. Facilitate deep account planning with reps and managers.
- Manage our pipeline cadence, including the coverage and generation needs for each team. Work with GTM teams to identify and address areas of opportunity or concern.
- Enable GTM teams on the assets: metrics, dashboards, models, frameworks, etc.
- Regularly inform stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Channel, GTM Strategy & Planning of deeply analytical insights on Sales performance to ensure cross functional alignment and drive a data-driven decision strategy. Analyze and interrogate insights to proactively identify opportunities and prioritize initiatives to drive the business forward
- Spearhead the development of the annual and quarterly Japan Sales planning process, ensuring alignment with APJ leadership and wider GTM teams.
- Apply functional expertise and insights to support the strategy formation and validate alignment to the company objectives with optimal return on investment
- Work with sales managers to drive effective territory allocation among their reps and maintain account data accuracy.
- Oversee our quarterly and monthly business review (QBR/MBR) process and deliver insights on Japan performance in partnership with Sales Leadership and APJ Strategy & Operations team.
Day to Day
- Work closely with Revenue Operations and Deal Desk to ensure effective and efficient processing of opportunities to closure and smooth quarter end
- Implement APJ reporting packages for sales effectiveness and productivity. Conduct metrics reviews with sales management.
- Review the pipeline generation needs and variances for each team. Work with sales managers to identify areas of opportunity or concern.
- Contribute to the forecasting process to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Document essential processes and engagement rules; help enforce those processes.
- Optimize the sales rep, manager, and sales ops experience in Salesforce.
- Know what quality data means and help us design and improve it.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 3-5 years of operational experience, with 2+ years in a Sales Operations (or similar) role.
- Salesforce mastery: complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows).
- Working knowledge of Clari desirable
- Exceptional quantitative and Google Sheets/MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can hold a meeting with directors and VPs.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- The desire and capacity to work independently AND collaboratively.
- Native level of Japanese and high business level of English skills.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Experience with Tableau or other analysis/BI tools.
- Familiarity with Zuora or other CPQ or Q2C tools.
- Familiarity with marketing automation (Marketo) or sales productivity tools (ToutApp / Outreach, Salesforce One).
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar database querying language (you’ve heard of a LEFT JOIN).
- Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.