We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The Senior Proposal Manager - EMEA serves as a primary writing, editing, and managing resource in the development, completion, and on-time submission of proposals and security questionnaires. The position involves researching, writing, and producing a high volume of client-facing documentation for a dynamic product along with gathering information from teams of subject matter experts. You exhibit strong writing and communications skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively. The Senior Proposal Manager - EMEA will help respond to RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and security assessments. The role includes continuous review of and knowledge of the Okta solutions, continuous updating of boilerplate proposal documents, RFP data repository, and security-related questions and responses.
As a Senior Proposal Manager - EMEA you will:
- As a member of the Pre-Sales Team, responsible for planning, researching, developing, and editing complex content for proposals in response to customer solicitations.
- Develops comprehensive proposal responses, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and integrity of the final output.
- Serves as central point of contact, timeline manager, and overall administrative lead on assigned proposals and leads multi-disciplinary or cross-functional teams.
- Helps team members adhere to processes, templates, standards, and standard methodologies to successfully bid projects in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains collateral / data repository for providing professional, consistent, and fast turnaround of RFx and detailed technical questionnaires.
- Researches and gathers corporate information, technical product information, and other standard materials. Brings together any new language written for addition to the repository.
- Must identify content gaps and work with sales, technical, and engineering experts; legal representatives; and other teams across Okta to craft Subject Matter Expert (SME) technical responses. Manages these SME writing assignments to ensure that submissions are accurate, follows the outline and RFP instructions, and addresses win themes.
- Tracks RFx responses in Salesforce.
- Compile, edit, and format the entire team’s responses into a seamless response resulting in a clear, concise, consistent, and error-free proposal.
- If needed, work with customers via the Account Executive to facilitate understanding of requirements (e.g., participation with bidder’s calls, email correspondence).
You could be a great fit for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years related experience, preferably in the proposal field and/or technical writing
- Are a self-starter, humble, multitasker, great teammate, works well under pressure, works ahead of schedule, and follows through on tasks. Keeps the team informed of changes
- Show desire to take on responsibility
- Can demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Can demonstrate excellent writing, grammar, and spelling abilities
- Have a strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), cloud storage, and Google Workspace
- Have an ability to engage with senior technical and upper management to obtain necessary information and coordinate team involvement
- Have very strong social skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Have experience with a technical- or software -related product suite - enterprise software experience highly preferred
- Have broad technical abilities that come with experience in a document-editing setting
- Have an ability to travel as required
You might also have:
- BS/BA Degree, or equivalent in relevant experience
- Fluency in another language
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.