Okta is looking for a data professional for the role of Business Intelligence Analyst. You will use your business insight and technical knowledge to define, develop and deliver Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for your internal customers, while working with the business to understand their changing requirements and measure impacts of those changes.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand key metrics and document business requirements for developing appropriate business analysis and reporting applications.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analysis, and communicate key findings to various partners to facilitate data-directed decision-making
- Perform highly analytical deep dives to identify the root cause and mitigation opportunities along with specific actions to contribute.
- Analyze large data sets to identify, evaluate and prioritize new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development.
- Build rich, interactive, and executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its' highest priority initiatives.
- Provide support to the development of training materials and training activities related to the BI tools and applications.
Required skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (statistics, computer science, or math preferred).
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst within the relevant domains of customer service, product, social networks, etc.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Validated experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools or packages (Tableau, Einstein, Redash, etc).
- 2+ years of experience in SQL databases or with SQL coding/querying skills.
- 5+ years of experience working with Salesforce.
- Data manipulation and transformation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business discernment and an ability to communicate analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms to effectively influence both peers and senior leadership.
Additional skills we value:
- Big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Drill, Pig, etc).
- Python or other scripting language experience.
As a part of the Customer Support Operations team, you'll be using data to help the Business in making informed business process decisions. You’ll work cross-functionally with other teams and Executives to perform analyses and build data visualizations, so support management can quickly and accurately gain insights on issues and opportunities and be able to take actions. You’ll be involved from project inception to report design through to data delivery, ensuring that your reports are delivering high-quality and relevant data so that our business can grow intelligently.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.