As a Senior Manager of Business Development, you'll be responsible for managing managers and motivating a team of highly driven and enthusiastic Business Development Representative (Inbound) teams at a national scale. In this role you will be required to build upon a winning strategy around speed to lead, hiring top talent, help set goals, and measure performance against weekly, monthly and quarterly objectives.
Our culture is built on our vision, people and values; to enable any company to adopt any technology anywhere. While working towards that vision, our people embody our values of customer success, innovation, transparency, and integrity. Together, we are boundless.
- Hire, onboard, and develop new managers and future outbound sales development professionals.
- Own and Execute the Inbound Business Development program strategy.
- Maintain a strong focus on outcomes and impact:
- Develop your team’s quarterly plan to meet/exceed pipeline targets.
- Develop your team’s skills for researching, prospecting, qualifying, and Opportunity creation.
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics and make recommendations that will increase productivity.
- Work closely with marketing demand generation, sales managers, account executives, and operations to ensure proper alignment on account and QL follow up, value based messaging, opportunity quality from SDR to AE hand-off.
- Articulate the business value of Okta, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends.
- Minimum 2+ years directly managing a team of SDR/BDR’s and 1+ year of managing managers. (startup/growth-stage experience highly preferred)
- Manager of Managers. Have managed managers before and know how to bring the best out of them, your team, and those around you
- Inspiring and Rep Focused Leader - You care about the people as much as the number.
- Experience building inbound teams of 40+ reps and 4+ managers
- Work closely with our Operations function and Demand Gen leadership to develop the strategy that scales and aligns with business growth objectives
- Strong executive presence and the ability to maintain confidentiality and business ethics
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Expert in using Salesforce.com and other sales tools/products to drive productivity (Outreach, Drift, Zoominfo, 6sense, & Tableau)
- Proven ability to effectively hire and train new managers & early in career talent.
- Demonstrate Self Awareness, Strategic Mindset, Effective presentation and listening skills.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.