Okta is looking for a Federal SI Alliances Manager with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to recruit, develop, and accelerate our Federal systems integrator ecosystem. The objective is to extend Okta’s reach within the Federal segment by driving engagement, revenue, managed services, and service delivery via leading Federal SIs such as SAIC, Northrop Grumman, Leidos, GDIT, etc.
The candidate will have significant experience and passion in launching and scaling Federal System Integrator Go-To-Market programs tactically at the field level between the Federal SI and Okta’s Federal sales organization. The ideal candidate will also possess a strong channel sales and marketing background and leadership skills that enables them to engage with Federal SIs GTM strategy.
This is a critical role within the Okta Alliances team and will require cross-functional leadership skills to work with Okta Sales, Support, Services teams. This role will be a major change agent, having impact and influence with a high degree of autonomy, energy, flexibility and drive to create real and measurable business results across the Federal landscape. For this role, business relationship development, sales and marketing acumen are more important than technical knowledge.
Candidates should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their SI Alliance sales responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passionate Alliances champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across Federal System Integrator partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Establish and execute joint Go-To-Market initiatives with our Federal Systems Integrator Partners that drive Okta lead generation and annual revenues
- Broker and develop effective relationships between Okta and our Federal Systems Integrators Consulting/Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, and Product Development organizations
- Define and communicate Okta’s value propositions to Federal Systems Integrators Advisory, Marketing, Professional Services and Vertical organizations, driven through webinars, training, partner events and other communications
- Work closely with the Okta Federal team and Public Sector Alliances team to define, execute and evangelize the Federal SI partner strategy both internally and externally
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the partner’s current areas of focus as well as potential new areas for expansion (AWS+ Okta, Proofpoint + Okta, etc.)
- Work closely with the Okta Federal Sales organization to broker account mapping and field-level relationships with SI Partner Sales, Marketing and overlay teams
- Deliver basic Okta sales training and enablement to SI vertical sales leaders and advisors
- Represent both the voice of the partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the partner as required to resolve issues and attain revenue
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 10+ years of partner/business development, or enterprise sales experience with a focus on US Federal public sector agencies or SI’s.
- Experience with government technology capture, procurement, and contracting processes.
- Experience with technology platform sales with an understanding of government IT, data centers, and cloud adoption.
- Ability to forecast channel revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills
- Strong analytical skills to determine which Go-To-Market partners and programs are driving results and insight to build on that experience
- Proven history of exceeding Alliance/Channel sales quotas
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation at the field level with direct sales and go-to-market partner organizations