Position Description: Okta is looking for a Channel and Alliances Leader with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to accelerate our UK/I Regional Solution providers and Technical partners, with the objective to extend Okta’s position with the UK/I market along with our Regional Partners.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background within Channel and Partner management along with an understanding all the elements that are required to enable the various partner types be successful with the Okta solution.
The Candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organisationally to build consensus to drive revenue. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their Regional Alliances knowledge and grow with Okta.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the partners and Okta’s business from Sales leadership to Sales teams and Marketing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seasoned revenue generation track record driving sales within the UK Regional Alliances partner eco system
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation within the partners
- Proven history of exceeding channel sales revenue targets
- Ability to forecast channel ecosystem revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills
- Strong analytical skills to determine which programs work and insight to build on that experience
- Passionate Regional Alliances champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across assigned partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Work with Okta’s Executive, Business Development, Marketing and Sales teams to identify key partners, build a strategic plan for initiating conversations and selling the value of a mutually beneficial working relationship to those partners, and drive the structure of partnerships
- With our partners, define tailored value propositions and create detailed go-to-market plans that strengthen our value proposition to the marketplace while providing new revenue opportunities
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelise partners and the opportunities they present by injecting partner DNA into Okta field sales
- Work with Okta sales teams to embed Okta partners in the strategic account process
- Work with partner sales teams to keep Okta “front and center” for appropriate opportunities
- Represent both the voice of the Regional Alliance Partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the Partner are required to resolve issues and attain revenue
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong motivation, execution and intrinsically driven
- Proven experience of high-tech business development or alliances at a SaaS start up, successfully implementing channel/field alliances strategy to drive dramatically increased sales
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Natural and highly effective relationship / partner development skills
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- A business leader who is able to drive influence and build strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner and prospect organisations
- Up to date on the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Management ecosystem
- Experience with Cloud Software Vendors and their strategies/business models
- Must be able to prioritise and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment
- Comfortable with weekly travel to partners as necessary
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.