Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports To: VP of Worldwide Enablement
Okta is the leader in identity and access management with over 6,100 customers and over 2, 200 employees worldwide. Fiscal year 2019, annual total revenue grew 56 % Y/Y (source) and Okta was recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. For the second year in a row, Okta has been placed the highest for “ability to execute.” It is a huge addressable market, a great corporate culture, and an exciting time to join the team at Okta!
We are looking for a senior Enablement professional to own and run our strategic* dedicated enablement program. First and foremost, this person will need to have credibility in front of Okta’s top, strategic sellers. This role is responsible for ideation, development, execution, and optimization of our strategic Sales team onboarding and continuous education.
Your exclusive audience will be strategic sales reps and managers. This person will have previous experience with technical products, highly complex Sales cycles; think ELA for Fortune 100 companies. This person should be ready to optimize the sales process, activate and educate on complex sales cycle and large customer best practices, create sales segment specific playbooks and assets - as required by your audience. This person should be as adept at working with prospects, as they are with customers.
You’ll partner closely with sales (all levels but your exclusive and dedicated audience will be strategic sales reps and managers), product marketing, and multiple additional business units as required. The goal is to build a machine that efficiently aligns people, processes, and priorities with relevant learnings, communication, and coaching. Enablement done right is highly personalized, delivering the right message at the right time. It helps a company like Okta achieve aggressive onboard, growth and revenue targets. And ultimately, it improves the quality of conversation with prospects and customers.
* Okta calls this sales segment and associated customers: named accounts.
- Manage the strategic enablement strategy, training programs, and support the onboarding experience
- Partner with strategic Sales reps, managers and the relevant product marketing teams on sales messaging for customer segment-specific and engaging sales conversations. You will need to be able to differentiate between conversations and positioning for prospects and customers - at each stage of the sales cycle
- Partner with Sales Leadership to identify knowledge and skills gaps across the sales team; determine opportunities for sales process improvement by identifying bottlenecks and process inconsistencies and conduct on-going needs assessments
- Suggest and execute new and innovative ideas and programs for your primary stakeholder - Okta Strategic Sales
- Build relationships with a wide variety of internal stakeholders to understand their goals, their challenges, and maintain a plan for how you can help
- Communicate effectively and often to ensure all stakeholders are aligned and view the strategic sales enablement program as a force multiplier
- Take a data-driven and analytical approach to deciding on future initiatives
- Your performance and impact will be judged in a few areas of the business but your impact on key metrics for Strategic Sales, e.g. win/loss rates, time to ramp, and more will be very important
- The single most important characteristic we are looking for is credibility. This person needs to have absolute credibility in front of very seasoned sellers who are astute at complex Sales cycles
- Experience in complex or ELA (enterprise license agreement) sales cycles and the associated buying in Fortune 100 companies
- Share examples of your work (programs, presentations, success metrics - backed by references) for this audience
- Demonstrable Sales coaching skills, communication skills, specifically presentation skills - this demonstration will be part of the hiring process
- Charismatic, great presence, deep empathy, and sharp on the product, B2B enterprise software and technically savvy
- Ability to understand, work with and present to a strategic Sales audience
- Honestly, Okta moves very fast. We need someone with the ability to deliver results in a fast moving, highly matrixed environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of sales enablement or productivity - in strategic Sales
- Identity and Access management market and product knowledge is a plus
- Familiarity with Sales tools and Sales enablement tools is preferred; Salesforce, LearnCore, CornerStone OnDemand, WalkMe, Box, and more
- Occasional domestic travel required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work