Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Sales Operations acts as an extension of sales management. As part of Okta’s Business Operations team, we protect the investment in Okta’s rapidly growing Sales organization by ensuring Sales has the insight, tools, and processes to run effectively and efficiently. This specific role is part of our Field Operations team which is responsible for driving growth and efficiency for one of our three Americas Sales Organizations.
As the Senior Manager Sales Strategy and Operations, you’ll partner closely with sales leaders to put structures and strategies in place that help the organization grow headcount and revenue. You’ll work closely with the Field Organization to provide actionable insights and recommendations to accelerate Okta’s growth. You’ll also collaborate with other Business Operations colleagues to influence outcomes and implement your solutions including Sales Planning & Analytics, Sales Enablement, and Business Technology.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own annual planning and execution for your business unit in partnership with sales management including:
- Headcount planning
- Quota allocation
- Territory design
- Integrated planning with regional demand generation teams (marketing and sales development), alliances, customer success, and renewals organizations.
- Conceptualize and perform analyses to uncover areas of revenue opportunity and potential growth
- Work cross functionally to develop sales programs and track effectiveness with peers in Go to Market Strategy & Operations to incorporate their insight and align on key business themes.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes to maximize efficiency and drive additional value to Sales leadership
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years of Consulting or Sales Operations experience
- Experience working closely with Sales Leadership in a SaaS business.
- Exceptional Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with Sales leadership in a Strategic & Operational function
- Experience leading presentations with an executive audience
- Comfort and prior experience with Okta’s tool stack: with tools that create and house our data including:
- Salesforce (mastery required): complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, and an understanding of workflows.
- Sales productivity tools (i.e.Clari, People.ai, Outreach.io).
- Anaplan or other business planning software.
- Tableau or other analysis / business intelligence tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and to effectively manage a project from start to finish
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
#LI-RemoteThe annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $156,000—$211,000 USD
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.