Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. More than 15,000 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
We are seeing a Subscription Compliance leader who will be a key player in driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This is a relatively new team at Okta with immense potential for growth and impact. The Compliance team monitors our customer’s usage, partners with Sales, Customers, and multiple internal teams to drive revenue growth and create a positive customer and sales experience.
The ideal candidate is very comfortable building from the ground up, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross-functionally and extremely analytical. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with an eye on the strategic big picture while also able to understand the nuance of specific products and customers.
What You’ll Do
- Work with sales and business systems teams to devise and implement a scalable solution for identifying and targeting customers with overages
- Analyze opportunity across Okta’s customer base and compliance team’s influence, including ARR closed, conversion rate, time to close and customer satisfaction
- Meet and shoulder responsibility for all business SLAs and operational KPIs related to compliance processes; develop new KPIs as team evolves
- Lead enablement efforts around overage verification tools, customer compliance policies, and playbook for truing up customers
- Partner with product and data teams to improve data integrity, and make compliance reporting more transparent and accurate to our customers
- Create and iterate internal and external-facing documentation concerning subscription compliance
- Identify manual processes for improvement and automation, assist in developing and executing alongside data and business systems teams
- Lead problem identification, and deliver individual and cross-functional projects to improve current processes and develop new practices
- Update executive and finance team on compliance function’s impact, learnings and key projects
- Manage and grow subscription compliance team; team works closely with sales concerning individual customers, interprets and reviews customer usage data, and enable sales team in driving revenue sourced by over-utilization of Okta products
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills; 8-10+ years of experience in an operational analytics/reporting role, preferably in software industry
- Significant knowledge and experience in Salesforce and Excel
- Strong understanding of SaaS financial and business metrics
- Demonstrate ability to collect and assess data as well as be able to present it in an actionable and insightful way
- Excellent organizational skills - role will be expected to work on multiple projects concurrently with varying priority
- Structured, logical, and creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions
- Established track record in driving cross-functional initiatives with measurable impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Experience building high performing teams
- Experience leading compliance, audit and/or usage verification role at a high growth SaaS company
- Experience incubating a new business function or building a team from scratch
- Experience with BI tools including Tableau
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $135,000 year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))