Senior Regional Alliance Manager - Canada
Okta is looking for a Senior Regional Alliance Manager with strong alliance/channel experience to join our Global Partner & Alliances organization.
This candidate should have strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to grow and accelerate our partner GTM strategy who also possess a strong sales and channel management background that enables them to engage with our sales organizations at the VP/SVP and individual contributor level.
Candidates should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and critically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for a builder/owner mindset, with critical thinking ability and a professional looking to expand and advance their Alliances responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with and influence Okta’s Executive, Regional Alliances, Marketing and Sales teams to identify key partners, build a strategic plan for initiating conversations and selling the value of a mutually beneficial working relationship to those partners, and drive the structure and growth of these partnerships
- Define tailored value propositions and create detailed go-to-market plans that strengthen our value proposition to the marketplace while providing new revenue opportunities with our ISV partners
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelize partners and the opportunities they present by injecting partner DNA into Okta
- Work with the sales teams to embed partners in the strategic account planning process
- Work with partner sales teams to keep Okta “front and center” for appropriate opportunities
- Represent both the voice of the Channel Partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the Partner to help resolve any issues and attain/exceed revenue targets
- 10+ years of high-tech business development or alliances experience at a software company, successfully implementing channel/field alliances strategy to drive dramatically increased sales
- Experienced in the world of RFI’s, RFP’s, Coordinating Multi Bid Responses
- Experience building, driving and influencing strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner and prospect organizations
- Experience in forecasting channel revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills
- Up to date on the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Management ecosystem
- Experience with Cloud Software Vendors and their strategies/business models a plus
- Comfortable with travel to partners as necessary
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.