Sales Engineer, Japan
We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The Okta Japan Sales Engineering team is growing!
The Okta Japan Sales Engineering team is involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, execute Proof of Concepts and Workshops to educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology.
We believe in Okta’s Sales Engineers empathise with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilise both. As a Sales Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform and are passionate to help drive customer success.
Okta Sales Engineers are also open and collaborative to work with teammates globally and with our broad and growing Partner network in Japan.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- Enjoy working with Okta’s growing partner community in Japan and collaborate with pre-sales colleagues globally
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to disperse knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- A passion to be in the forefront of technology, learning a diverse set of technologies that Okta integrates with and helping solve real world Identity challenges
- Enjoy being in a fast paced environment, operating at the speed of cloud, to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud, rapid adoption of technology and design their Zero Trust security strategy with Identity as the foundation.
- Enjoy travel and meeting customers - typically around 25%. Travel will be mainly domestic in Japan. There may also be opportunities to travel to other Asia Pacific countries to support other teammates; and to Australia and US for training and conferences.
You might also have (not mandatory):
- Experience with Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on, Security and API-based solutions
- Fluency in both English and Japanese
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field
- Software developer experience
Okta is the Leader in the Identity and Access Management market, with a great product, happy vibrant customers and a great team across APAC. This opportunity is flexible and based in Tokyo, with a focus on the Japan market.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.