Solutions Engineer, DACH
We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The German Solutions Engineering team is growing!
The Solutions Engineering team are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology.
We believe Okta’s Solutions Engineers empathise with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilise both. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
As an Okta Solutions Engineer you will be:
- Involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers
- Building sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educating customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology.
- Empathising with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs.
- Using your technical savviness and business insights. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an excellent communicator
- Fluency in German and English (essential)
- Able to disperse knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Enjoy travel and meeting customers - Typically 10-25%.
You might also have:
- Experience with Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on and API-based solutions
- Fluency in another European language
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field
- Software developer experience
This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely, with within the DACH region on an ad-hoc basis.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.