Sr. Manager, Customer First Programs- United States Remote
We are seeking a Programs leader who will be key in leading broad, cross-functional project work as part of the Customer First Operations team. This individual will be driving programs into sustainment and organizing cross-functional work streams for new formats.
The ideal candidate is very comfortable building from the ground up, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross-functionally and extremely analytical. This individual should have a deep understanding of operational barriers to implement mitigation strategies and think long-term about how to scale processes. You will be interacting closely with senior leaders and executives across GTM as you manage critical projects that create new customer experiences, improve productivity, increase capacity, and drive efficiency improvements.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide thought leadership, drive program management and support execution of high impact strategic programs from defining project plans, managing implementation activities, and ongoing execution support.
- Identify, own, and execute on strategic initiatives to accelerate Okta’s growth, working cross-functionally across Sales, Marketing, and Customer First.
- Support initiatives that drive alignment between Okta and acquired companies’ GTM functions, including tactical implementation / process related work streams.
- Drive workstreams that support the integration of people, process, and acquired/Okta teams and support in documenting integration strategies in a standardized and scalable way.
- Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
- Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
- Empower the business with data-driven insights and recommendations and craft those into compelling narratives and presentations for senior decision makers.
- Assist in developing and delivering executive-ready presentations to cross-functional stakeholders.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 8-10 years of experience in strategy, business operations, or similar roles within a SaaS environment. Ideal candidates will have a strong management consulting foundation.
- Proven business partnership to executive leadership and cross-functional stakeholder management. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organization, management levels, and cultures.
- Analytical fluency, structured thinking, and strong problem solving fundamentals.
- Experience using data to drive business decisions, including demonstrated competence in structuring problems.
- High degree of ownership and proactiveness to solve business problems in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Passionate about Okta’s vision and technology and have a winning attitude!
- BS/BA in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or a related field required; MBA preferred.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $135,000/year + bonus, commission or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.