Sr Regional Alliance Manager – Federal (DC)
The Okta Identity Platform provides modern, centralized, and secure identity and access management for U.S. federal agencies.
Okta is looking for a senior Regional Alliance Manager with strong Public Sector Channel experience and a strong bias towards Federal. This candidate should have strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to grow and accelerate our partner GTM strategy in Federal.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong sales and channel management background that enables them to engage with our Federal VARs, Federal GSIs, FSIs and Technology Alliance (ISV) partners as well as Okta’s Public Sector sales organizations at the VP and individual contributor level.
Candidates should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and critically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for a builder/owner mindset, with critical thinking ability and a professional looking to expand and advance their Federal/Public Sector Alliances
As an Okta Regional Account Manager you will:
- Work with and influence Okta’s Executive, Regional Alliances, Marketing and Sales teams to identify key Federal partners.
- Build a strategic plan for initiating conversations and selling thevalue of a mutually beneficial working relationship to those partners, and drive the structure and growth of these partnerships
- Define tailored value propositions and create detailed go-to-market plans that strengthen our value proposition to the marketplace while providing new revenue opportunities with our ISVpartners.
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelize partners and the opportunities they present by injecting partner DNA into Okta
- Work with the sales teams to embed Federal partners in the strategic account planning process
- Work with partner sales teams to keep Okta “front and center” for appropriate opportunities
- Represent both the voice of the Channel Partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the Partner to help resolve any issues and attain/exceed revenue targets
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience working with various Federal contracts and contracting vehicles
- Experience in the world of RFI’s, RFP’s, Coordinating Multi Bid Responses
- 10+ years of high-tech business development or alliances experience at a software company, successfully implementing channel/field alliances strategy to drive dramatically increased sales
- Natural and highly effective relationship / partner development skills
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- A business leader who is able to drive influence and build strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner and prospect organizations
- Up to date on the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Management ecosystem
Experience with Cloud Software Vendors and their strategies/business models a plus
- Comfortable with travel to partners as necessary
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $222,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.