Okta is looking for a highly talented, creative, and passionate individual who can conduct financial analysis in a consultative model, and deliver presentations articulating the realized value of the Okta platform to our top strategic customers. You will leverage and support post sales activities with Customer Success Mangers and pre/post sales activities with Renewals Managers. This is a new role at Okta and we are looking for someone with experience and vision that can help define and drive this new capability.
You will work closely with our Sales, Services, Sales Engineering and Product Marketing teams on our largest strategic and visionary customer accounts. Specifically, this role is passionate about helping build the business value proposition, including strategic account planning, business case justification, market opportunity, and C-Level presentations. You will develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases, with a focus on post-sales benefit realization in support of Okta’s largest, most strategic Enterprise customers and opportunities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with existing customers, Sales, and Customer Success to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers (metrics) and understand how our solutions have helped our customers meet their strategic objectives.
- Conduct and facilitate internal and external research and discovery around customer business processes, market trends, and mapping "was" vs. "is" business processes across a wide range of companies and industries (e.g. financial services, high tech, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, professional services, etc.)
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by Okta solutions and then use these metrics to develop ROI / Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models to quantify the realized value of the Okta platform
- Craft and deliver executive level presentations to CxOs
- Guide Sales people, CSMs and Renewal managers on the scope and types of data/discovery needed to prove value realization
- Support qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of targeted customers
- Build standard graphics and charts to reflect value impacts
- Document qualitative and non-quantified benefits and impacts
- Assist with developing value messaging associated with target customers
- Validate messaging is aligned with customer value themes
- Incorporate customer specific data points and findings
- Review for consistency and completeness of messaging
- Craft reusable assets to help scale the team's reach across the greater Okta organization
- Build, harvest, and deploy “standard methodology” techniques across regions
- Manage library of Value Team assets include items such as spreadsheets, presentation templates, case examples, and customer stories
- Help realize and support continued data harvesting and metrics definition to document and mine customer outcomes and value realization
- BA/BS degree from a top university in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing, or related areas).
- Demonstrated relevant experience, ideally in Finance, Strategy Consulting, or other analytical roles in a professional services environment.
- 3+ years experience with pre-sales and/or post sales business value modeling highly preferred
- Experience delivering presentations (internally- or externally-facing)
- Executive presence aptitude or experience
- A self-starter who takes initiative, is creative, has high energy, and would thrive in a start-up paced software company
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- An interest in the technology/software/SaaS space
- Willingness for moderate travel (40%)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work