Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 6,650 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the SVP of WW Partner and Alliances, the Americas VP of Partners & Alliances is a seasoned executive responsible for the indirect go to market strategy, partner programs, operations and sales revenue across North America and LATAM. All partner based routes to market are in scope, including Cloud Service Providers, GSI/SI, Emerging/MSP, Solution Providers, Scale Resellers, Distribution and Tech Alliance Partners. The VP will drive the AMER RTM strategy in alignment with Okta's GTM sales strategies and segments.
This leader is responsible for the development and execution of programs to grow the value and contribution of the partner ecosystem across all Routes to Market. The VP is expected to lead the Americas partner team; and collaborate with the sales team, marketing team, services team, and partner training/enablement team to build a fully integrated partner strategy and ecosystem. This role is an executive level general management role that is a high impact, quota carrying sales management position that plays an integral role in the overall success of the company.
The successful candidate will be a multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in light of new approaches and developments that occur in the market.
- Develop and implement the overall Americas partner and alliance strategy for the field and Americas.
- Develop and implement robust business planning process and operational cadence across all partners that closely aligns to Okta geographic and market segments and required growth.
- Establish credibility within the industry and with Okta’s partners and targets.
- Collaborate with field leadership teams to deliver repeatable partnerships that add value to our customers, identify incremental customer opportunities and assist in current sales pursuits where directed by the customer or sales teams.
- Collaborate with counterparts in EMEA and APAC to share best practices and leverage partnership strategies and opportunities.
- Provide leadership to corporate, business and/or regional management regarding the execution of business strategies.
- Provide competitive intelligence for use in strategic analysis and positioning of company product offerings.
- Build a metrics driven organization through evolved reporting, dashboards, and tracking channels to provide actionable insight on performance and growth opportunities.
- Proven results as a VP/SVP, Partners & Alliances or a similarly relevant role within the tech space, minimum 10 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading and scaling Partner organizations with scale north of $2B+ and growing partner teams to 100+ people.
- IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and developer background with a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Must have sold complex, technical products, ideally infrastructure related. Security and/or identity experience valued but not required.
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for Okta’s core values
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree, MBA or similar preferred.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $338,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy. #LI-Remote