Are you interested in having a big impact on the success of one of the fastest growing security companies in the US? Due to our expansive growth, we are seeking an exceptional, growth-minded sales leader to join our team as a Vice President of Sales Development for the US and Canada. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Okta.The Opportunity
This person will be comfortable collaborating across executives throughout the company and leading a team of over 200+ BDRs and SDRs nationwide that is scaling rapidly. In addition to passion, skills, and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing large, high performing Business Development and Sales Development organizations in North America.
The Sales Development team is responsible for generating pipeline across multiple segments, products and geographies. The team is composed of sales development representatives, who follow up on all the inbound leads generated from marketing programs as well as proactively outbound to select target accounts.
This person is a seasoned manager who thrives in a dynamic environment, has a consistent record of driving high pipeline growth and moves quickly to build structure and process.
Our xDR teams are located in our Bellevue, WA; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL and Washington D.C offices. If you are not located close to one of these offices, some travel may be requiredKey Responsibilities
- Consistently meet and exceed pipeline goals
- Lead hiring, onboarding, training, coaching and development of a team of young professionals in sales development
- Manage second and front line Sales Development leaders; partner closely with other functional teams (Sales, Sales Enablement, Business Operations, Marketing, Recruiting, Finance, etc.)
- Analyze pipeline data and draw business insights. Make business decisions based on the data.
- Build a plan to fuel Okta’s growth by generating pipeline across multiple geos and segments in North America
- Work closely with marketing leadership on inbound lead qualification process and further development of lead management
- Collaborate with sales leaders to design and execute outbound campaigns for pipeline development
- Accountable for accurate forecast monthly, quarterly, and annually; establish and manage data and supporting metrics
- Manage capacity planning and promotion cycles in partnership with Business Operations, Recruiting and People teams
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the team leverages and deploys resources efficiently
- Actively partner with the sales enablement team to build and implement plans to continuously improve sales productivity
- Help create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Provide call coaching, prospecting, and messaging structure and guidance
- Offer career development and coaching to advance individuals on the team
- Create an open and inclusive environment, build a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency
- 10+ years’ experience building and running sales development (SDR/BDR/Inside Sales) teams in the software industry
- 3+ years’ experience as a second line (or third line) sales leader
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; demonstrated success of leading high performing teams of Sales Development, Business Development or Inside Sales professionals. Has managed teams of 150+ people.
- Demonstrated experience and success building quality sales pipeline for B2B SaaS business growing at 40%+
- Deep understanding of demand generation, inbound and target account outbound strategies
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions
- Excellent ability to collaborate with Sales, Product Marketing and cross functional Marketing teams
- Highly self-motivated and organized. Excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions and drive ongoing performance management towards goals
- Operationally strong and experienced bringing process and rigor to the organization
- Creative mindset and can-do attitude
- Salesforce experience is a must. Other prospecting and Sales Development tools are a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment across various time zones
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $300,000]/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))