Imagine being able to build complex automation, without having to write or deploy code. That’s Okta Workflows, our no-code platform. The goal of Workflows is to automate identity-centric processes (like the onboarding and offboarding of employees in different applications), all in a visual, drag and drop interface. As the fastest growing product at Okta, we’ve seen incredible success, and we are looking for great teammates to join a cross-functional team tasked with driving adoption of Okta’s Workflows product.
The Workflows Evangelist is a key player in a cross-functional team driving a wide range of engaging activities across a variety of channels, helping to educate the market around Okta’s no-code Workflows platform and to build a strong community of passionate Workflows Builders among our customers. The Workflows Evangelist will both provide technical subject matter expertise to the product team and act as a community advocate, helping shape the product direction and drive awareness across the industry. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level for a highly visible and expansive career opportunity, with an incredible support system in the Okta organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help to establish and nurture a community program for Workflows cloud practitioners from the ground up, establishing engagement, conduct, and promotional activities and guidelines.
- Recruit cloud practitioners across every industry to encourage community contributions and participation.
- Evangelize no-code automation best practices by developing content in the form of sample templates, blog posts, and YouTube videos.
- Engage with the Okta user community on various social platforms, including Okta’s own Community website, user groups, public Slack channels, etc.
- Organize, host, and speak at community-facing webinars, meetups, and hackathons.
- Think creatively about new and fun ways to reach a wider audience of cloud practitioners
- Build and execute on strategic plans for seeding and growing our community
If you enjoy working with customers and want to help drive the success of a powerful no-code automation platform, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of SaaS solution implementation or cloud software development experience, including solution design and technical architecture. The ideal candidate may come from an IT, developer, professional services, solution engineering, or similar background.
- 2+ years of experience in a no-code or low-code automation platform like Azuqua, BetterCloud, Workado, Tray.io, etc.
- High level of technical proficiency in SaaS technologies such as REST APIs, JSON, and webhooks.
- Working experience with SaaS solutions such as Google Workspace, Office 365, Salesforce, Marketo, GitHub, ServiceNow, and others. Experience with their APIs is a bonus.
- Experience administering an IDaaS platform, or leveraging one in a software development project is a plus; especially Okta.
- Experience in program management or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of launching, leading, and scaling user community programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Empathy for developers, IT operations, and security practitioners, regardless of skill level and ability to articulate complex concepts to audiences of varying technical experience.
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills — with the experience needed to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Okta.
- Experience organizing and facilitating community meetings such as webinars, meetups, and user groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience writing blog posts, demo guides, and web campaign content.
BS Degree in a software-related field or equivalent work experience.Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer #LI-AB1 Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.