Application Security Engineer Intern (San Francisco)
Application Security Engineers are responsible for conducting security reviews on all of Okta’s products. This goes from code reviews, penetration tests, and architectural reviews on new features and existing code to provide security education and guidance the entire organization.
The most important quality we are looking for is someone who has an “evil bit” - an innate ability to think and operate like an attacker while solving complex problems with expertise and creativity.
Interns in the AppSec team will help with short and medium term projects to enhance the capabilities of the team. Writing scanning scripts, creating CTF challenges, performing Deep Reviews are some of the tasks that we have in place for this exciting position!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit code for security flaws and best practices
- Perform Penetration Tests on new features and on the platform as a whole
• Think like an attacker and solve complex problems with expertise and ingenuity
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in Web Application Penetration Testing (Bug Bounties, CTFs, etc.)
- 1+ years of coding experience (Python preferred)
Desired skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of AWS and/or Google Cloud Compute from an attacker perspective
- Experience automating vulnerability discovery and repetitive tasks
- Experience in attacking network protocols and analyzing network traffic
• Bachelor's degree in progress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work