Do you enjoy working on a blue team with a group of highly motivated and skilled engineers? Perhaps you enjoy working with others to build and deploy complex security projects and get hands-on with the latest security technology? If so, then you’ve found the right career at the right company.
We are looking for a technical and hands-on Detection & Response Senior Manager who is passionate about protecting Auth0’s customers, employees, and brand. In this role you will work to scale and iterate on how our teams prepare for, and respond to, incidents. You’ll focus intently on optimizing tooling and workflows to reduce ambiguity and manual burden. The successful candidate will have a mix of deep technical knowledge, and a demonstrated background in information security.
In this role you will:
- Own the vision, drive the strategy and execution plan to build a world-class detection and response program at scale for a hyper-growth company
- Partner with executives and peers across the company to deliver shared outcomes that measurably improve our efficacy and efficiency to detect, recover and respond to vulnerabilities and threats.
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team to build and lead a high performing team of detection and response engineers
- Manage programs and projects, in collaboration with engineering and product teams that focus on improvements to process, metrics, and framework around incident response
- Ensure tools are effectively utilized and operating, identify gaps in process or procedure and implement new solutions accordingly
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changing threat landscape and review technologies/services and make recommendations
- Develop and enhance incident response processes to detect and effectively respond to information security events and incidents
- Guide the development and maintenance of metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of detection and response activities
- Monitor key performance indicator (KPI) metrics; track and report on program performance; provide reporting to senior management on a regular cadence
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years working in a high-demand security team
- Ability to drive innovative ways to detect vulnerabilities and exploit activity, and neutralize them through advanced technological countermeasures
- Advanced experience with managing threats associated with multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and artifacts (code, containers, hardware devices, infrastructure)
- Deep knowledge in application and infrastructure security, as well as security fundamentals (IAM, Data Protection, PKI, Network Security)
- Experience working in high growth companies and the ability to identify and build new capabilities as the scaling needs arise
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Understanding of security compliance standards and regulations (e.g., ISO 27001, ISO 27018, PCI, SOC II, CSA Star, FedRAMP, HIPAA, GDPR)
- Security-based credentials (SSCP, GIAC GCUX, GSEC, GCED, GCIH, GCIA, etc)
- Relevant information security certifications, such as CISSP, Offensive Security OSCP
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $178,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.