Get to know Okta
Auth0 Staff Security Engineer, Security Detection & Response at Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Customer Identity Cloud (CIC, formerly Auth0) Detection and Response team at Okta is a diverse group of highly motivated and skilled security engineers and analysts. We are responsible for identifying and mitigating threats that present a risk to the business.
If you enjoy creative problem-solving, working with the latest security technologies and collaborating with teams across the business to build and deploy complex security projects, then you have found the right career at the right company.
We are looking for a technical and hands-on Detection & Response Engineer who is passionate about protecting CIC customers, employees, and brand. The successful candidate will have a mix of deep technical knowledge, excellent coding and communication skills, and a solid background in information security.
In this role you will:
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Teach and mentor junior team members.
- Lead security investigations and incidents as Incident Commander.
- Lead security incident post mortems and retrospectives.
- Implement detections using our state-of-the-art detections-as-code pipeline.
- Maintain and improve the detection and alerting pipeline.
- Build SOAR automations.
- Peer review code contributions and project proposals.
- Analyze metrics and trends to support decisions.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders across the organization to architect and deploy solutions that adds to our visibility.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- Experience leading and responding to security incidents.
- Experience creating threat detections.
- Experience securing cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- Strong proficiency in Python and Terraform.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of common attack vectors and how to detect and mitigate them.
- Experience explaining very technical topics at a high level.
- Experience working in an on-call rotation.
- Experience conducting forensic investigations of Linux hosts.
- Experience working on large, complex projects with product teams.
Additional skills that would be nice to have:
- Experience monitoring production Kubernetes containers for threats.
- Experience with Panther and Snowflake.
- Background in driving change by motivating others.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.